Saturday 12 January 2013

Faux lemon 'cheesecake'

For Christmas I decided to experiment on my family. I had found a recipe for 'Hail Merry Lemon Tart Knock-Off' which intrigued me. But not enough to try it twice. So rather than make a test batch I decided to throw caution to the wind and just make it the first time for Chrismtas dessert. I figured that there is always too much food at Christmas so if it was a disaster we wouldn't all go hungry.

This recipe is dairy-free and gluten-free

Recipe

In a rare moment of discipline I stuck to the recipe so rather than write out what I did I direct you to the original website recipe found on tessadomesticdiva.com: http://www.tessadomesticdiva.com/2011/07/hail-merry-lemon-tart-knock-off.html 

A woman after my own heart this Tessa Domestic Diva has created this recipe herself and adjusted it as she learned more about the ingredients. 

As I've already mentioned I stuck to the recipe with the only exception being that I didn't not go with the stevia options. I went with the coconut milk rather than nut milk and I used paper cupcake moulds which worked rather well.

Results:

It wasn't much like a lemon tart but more a lemon cheesecake. I nervously waited to see if anyone would take one and then if anyone would it on their plate with only one bite taken out of it. Success! It was well received by both adults and children.

Verdict:

This is a dessert which would be worth doing again but like cheesecake it is incredibly rich. For that reason I think it unlikely I'll make this again but I'm glad I gave it a go and enjoyed the results. 

No comments:

Post a Comment