Monday 19 November 2012

Just a little bit chai

So after making my super gingery brew I went searching through my cupboards and found some cardamon pods, clove things and vanilla bean pods. Add a little ginger and that's a little bit chai.

So I poured some of my gingery liquid into a saucepan (about a cup) and added 13 cloves, 8 cardamon pods and one vanilla bean chopped. I didn't have any cinnamon unfortunately but you can only work with what you got.

I simmered this brew for about an hour. The smell was divine! It was worth the aroma alone.

Result
Wow! I didn't add any additional honey. With the vanilla it didn't need any. Still pretty powerfully gingery but with the added complexity of the other spices it was yum.

Verdict
I would do this again for sure. Actually it might be worth doing this with all the ginger brew though I do want to try a few other things with it. Some ways I've had this chai inspired brew is with some soda water, in my tea, as a tea on its own.

No comments:

Post a Comment